NYC Photo Opportunity: Australian Art Intrusion


♥  ♥  ♥ 

Attention: Giant Australian bunnies invaded World Trade Center!

Last weekend, I stopped by one of my favourite places in NYC to pick up some groceries, and I couldn't help but notice the giant bunnies all over Brookfield Place. Those seven meters high bunnies are part of the art installation, "Intrude", by Australian artist Amanda Parer. "The rabbit ...for Australians is an animal of destruction because it's an introduced feral species. In a way they represent our mismanagement of the environment." said Amanda.

Despite the message behind the art, I think they are adorable! 











Yes! They glow too!

Those bunnies will remain at Brookfield Place until April 30, then they will be hopping to Houston, TX. So be sure to pencil it into your schedule!

My favourite bunny is definitely the lazy one sitting like a human. Which one is your favourite? :)

I'm taking you home now 
(Please note: All photos in this post are taken by me, except the one with me in it, so please be respectful and do not use them without my consent. Thank you.)

Comments

Popular Posts