NYC Bucket List #Spring


Life is so beautiful : )


I moved back to New York City in 2013 and for the first time I have to admit that I'm starting to feel exhausted. Living in this bustling city has its good and bad. The good: There is always a lot going on, from new restaurants/cafes opening, new hot spot for food photos to new art displays, new museums exhibits and even new retail sales. Freebies play a huge part as well. Free food happens all the time such as tastings and giveaways (stay tuned on TF Facebook page!). Free activities normally occur during summer time, including kayaking, rock climbing and zip lining.

Chasing after those adventures around the city can be fun but can also be very tiring, which is the down side of living in the Big Apple. You get easily distracted and side tracked from other more important priorities in your life. With the past two months of introspection and evaluating on the future direction of my blog, I've decided to make some changes and upgrades. First, I'll publish shorter posts but with more frequency in order to keep our TF readers up-to-date on current events. Second, my blog will be getting a bit of a facelift, so it will look less clutter and easier to look up specific topics (such as "Travel", "Food", "NYC Bucket List" etc). Third, I'll have daily updates on the Travel Fontaneously Instagram account to keep readers in the loop about NYC. And last but not least, I want to begin introducing a little bit of fashion-related posts. :)

For those of you who are fueling up with the NYC Spring excitement, here is your NYC April Bucket List part I!


Spring is in full swing. If you missed the cherry blossoms (aka "sakura") festival in DC, don't be disappointed because there are cherry blossoms in NYC too! I stopped by the Brooklyn Botanic Garden last week and got a glimpse of this year's cherry blossoms. Most of the cherry trees have not started to bloom yet with the exception of a few, but they should be in full bloom in the next two weeks!

Located within the Prospect Park in Brooklyn, this is called the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden (or "Japanese Garden" in short). It is "designed to inspire reflection and tranquility, each curve in the path reveals a stunning view of idealized nature".












The Brooklyn Botanic Garden is free on every Tuesday (8 - 6 p.m.) and Saturday (10 a.m. to noon). More detail on their hours can be found here.

Apart from the BBG, I spotted signs of Spring in other parts of NYC...

Central Park.

Park Avenue, Manhattan.

The Flatiron Building.

Park Slope, Brooklyn.

This is right outside of the Brooklyn Museum. #NoFilter

DUMBO, Brooklyn.



I even spied a rainbow peeking out the Manhattan Bridge!!

And more other activities for this spring and summer on NYC Bucket List!

Let me know what you think about Spring in NYC! And feel free to share with us if you have Springrelated photos of this beautiful city!

Xoxo

(Please note: All photos in this post are taken by me, except the ones with me in it or stated otherwise, so please be respectful and do not use them without my consent. Thank you.)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks foreveryoung! I can't take all the credit though when NYC is so scenic that every angle makes a good photo ; )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Express your love here!

Popular Posts