Anniversary Special Edition: My Best Window Views


This week marks the second anniversary of Travel Fontaneously.

It has been a great year! Many thanks to all the awesome people whose encouragement and support made this a better blog. And of course I'm thankful for all you wonderful readers! Looking through all my older posts, I realized how much changes and improvement I made over the past two years!

To celebrate this special occasion, I'm going to share with you all my special collection from the past two years of travel: Amazing aerial views of famous landmarks taken from my plane's window seats.



Let's start with views within the U.S.

New York City

Here is the Financial District with the Freedom Tower (NY's tallest building), Brooklyn Bridge (from left), Manhattan Bridge and Williamsburg Bridge.

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

The Manhattan view from New Jersey. Do you see the Freedom Tower in far middle?

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

Downtown Manhattan view with the Statue of Liberty (tiny island on left).

Midtown Manhattan: Empire State Building (tallest building on left) and the Central Park (in middle toward the right).
 If you live here in NYC, you will probably recognize the Queensboro Bridge, Roosevelt Island and the booming Long Island City.

A better view of Central Park : )

This is Long Beach in Long Island NY.

The famous Manhattan skyline and a cute tiny plane in the middle on the far right!

The night view in New York City.
My camera was struggling a little while capturing this shot.

#flyingwithUnitedAirline


San Francisco

Downtown San Francisco with the famous fog moving in.
And no, that's not the Golden Gate Bridge! The GGB is completely covered in fog. That's, in fact, the Oakland Bay Bridge. 

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

San Francisco at night. I got lucky with the famous fog.

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

This is the San Pablo Bay next to San Francisco Bay and (I'm stretching it..) Napa!
Do you see a rainbow ring around the bridge? #NoFilter


Lake Tahoe

I was trying to capture Lake Tahoe (see the tiny lake on the lower right? Lol)
But instead, I got the Twin Peaks and Tahoe City.


Las Vegas 

This photo looks like it was taken in the 70's, but no, it's a combination of dirty window and the dusty wind outside! 

Famous landmarks from left: The Bellagio, Caesars Palace, the Mirage, Treasure Island, the Wynn Hotel and High Roller.

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

A night version of Vegas by Vincent Laforet


The Grand Circle - Utah, Arizona

The famous Zion National Park (in middle)

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

Canyonlands and the famous Colorado River!

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

The famous Grand Canyon taken by the awesome pilot Hirokazu Inoue (Thanks for sharing with us : )

An amazing photo capturing the lightening storm in Grand Canyon by Rolf Maeder.
This is not taken on the plane, but it's just so amazing that I gotta share with you all!


Chicago

Chicago by day.

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

Chicago by night.

#flyingwithUnitedAirline


London UK

London bound: How many landmarks do you see?

#flyingwithBritishAirway

Sunset over London's Thames River.

Do you see (from left) Hyde Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, St. James's Park, Big Ben
and the London Eye?  : )

#flyingwithBritishAirway


Bermuda

That's the island of Bermuda and two giant cruise ships docking at the shore! 


Asia - Hong Kong

1: Stanley Market
2: The famous amusement park - Ocean Park


Here is one of my favourite shots of Hong Kong. The shiny tall building on left is the ICC (International Commerce Centre) located in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.

Photo source: Google search

Discovery Bay, Hong Kong.

#flyingwithEvaAir #myfavouriteasianairline


Asia - Japan

Japan by day - Mountain Fuji with the cloud ring by Tomosang!

Japan by night - Tokyo!


More friendly sky..

After witnessing the meteor shower on my flight to SF in August last year, I watched the northern light on my flight to Asia in December last month!
I apologize the lack of quality in this photo as it is not up to the usual standards I set for myself.

#flyingwithEvaAir

Here is the lovely shadow of the plane inside the rainbow ring! #NoFilter
(Thanks to Suki Cheung who shared this photo with us)

#flyingwithCathayPacific

Another plane shadow inside a rainbow ring!

#flyingwithUnitedAirline

More rainbow outside my window with the epic sunset!

Sunset was amazing in so many different levels when you watch it on the plane! #epicsunset


I hope this post will inspire you to fly more and love the window seats even more! Feel free to share with us your window shots in the comments below!


(Please note: All photos in this post are taken by me and a few by my friends, so please be respectful and do not use them without our consent. Thank you.)



Bonus:

Comments

Post a Comment

Express your love here!

Popular Posts