The 5 Must in London

How many landmarks do you see here?

With the little hint I left on Facebook, some of you had guessed it right! My early 4th of July destination this year is London! It felt great to be back after a little more than a year, and I had 10 well spent days in this city full of culture and history.

If you have not been to London before, be ready for some serious humidity in summer. Unlike New York, London weather can sometime be unbearable during summer. On top of that, there is no AC nor air circulation inside the subway (Underground) stations and trains (even in some nice restaurants too!), so please avoid using the public transportation during peak hours for your health sake! Apart from that, I had a pretty amazing time in London : )

To sum up my trip, here is the 5 MUST in London:



<1> Check out the famous London landmarks (duhhh!)

The Big Bang.... I mean Big Ben

THE Bridge... that's what I called it. ("Tower Bridge")

Totally not ready for photos... Lol


Fyi we will be having a ferris wheel in NY soon!

What better way to look at the Big Ben than on the London Eye!

Walking on The Mall.... minus the shops

Buckingham Palace and the toy soldier..... Just kidding. He is real.


Here's my Parisian style... jeans and sneaker! 

Wellington Arch during sunset.


<2> Experience the British afternoon tea 

I'll get into that with more details and photos in my next post I promise!

<3> Check out Borough Market

So much for a romantic date... Get a room guys!


Here's my (top grade he claimed) iberico ham for lunch!!

Yuuummmmmm!



<4> Wander the streets of London, and you'll find some interesting scenes and public art pieces...








Don't forget to check out the London version of shopping arcades! There are a few on Piccadilly.

<5> Picnic in one of the London parks

I have to admit, London Hyde Park is a lot nicer than the New York Central Park...
I'll definitely host a picnic next time I'm here.



More snappies...

Millennium Bridge

St. Paul's Cathedral.

War memorial.


Here is the interesting looking ice cream truck that caught my eyes...

This is the cute Parisian lobby of my hotel in London.





Apology for taking longer than expect to post an update. I'm the kind of person who seeks perfection. Hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did writing it : )

P.S. For those who will be traveling to New York City this summer instead, here are some fun suggestions in downtown and midtown Manhattan as well as in Brooklyn!


Comments

Popular Posts