What I Ate The Most in Paris

#MyFavouriteFood
Goooood day to you all readers!! It's the beginning of February, and this month I would like to put a little focus on yummm in Paris... oops, I meant food in Paris! : )

A few of my friends have asked me previously: "What did you enjoy eating in Paris besides pastries and desserts?". Well, I personally love french cuisine, but there is one in particular that I love eating a lot...



Here is my favourite food besides pastries and desserts:

After I landed in Paris, I went straight to Pain de Sucre for this petit trio: Foie Gras
mousse, Salmon, Apple with rosemary. I personally love the foie gras one!

Then I had Foie Gras paste with sliced veggies and fruits as appetizer for dinner on the same day... 

The following day, I passed by Fauchon, and i couldn't resist grabbing a few snacks: Salmon Millefeuille,
Foie Gras paste with sprinkles of Truffle, Foie Gras mini Brioche with Truffle. And my favourite would be the middle one :)

On our 3rd night, we had dinner at a very tucked away restaurant. We sat next to two
ladies from Houston, TX, who were lost for an hour before finding the place. We were
fortunate enough to have Google map, so it only took us only 10 minutes. This is the
appetizer I had that night: Caviar, Scallop, Foie Gras soup. I love all three!! 

One day, we stopped by a restaurant near one of the business district to see what a
business lunch is like in Paris. I noticed two facts:
1. Parisian waiters can be very efficient and
2. Even business lunches take over 2 hours.
And yes, they even drink a lot of wine! I'm jealous!!! In the picture is the Foie Gras pate for my starter. 

Near the end of my first week I finally had a nice seared foie gras with
caramelized onion on the bottom! Yummm!

I didn't have enough, so I went to another great place the next day and ordered
seared foie gras again!! It was one of my birthday dinner, and I was happily satisfied : ) 

Guess what this is!! It's one of my favourite dishes during this Paris trip - the Foie Gras dumpling!!
So yummm. I wish they have this in NY : (

While I was having my dumpling, my chĂ©ri was having seared Foie Gras. 

Hotel Le Bristol is famous for their creativity, just like this dish -  
seared Foie Gras simmered in a mushroom sauce all nicely gift wrapped!!
Thanks chĂ©ri for the amazing birthday celebration ♥ 

This is what it looks like when they unwrapped it!

Here comes Fauchon again!! On left is the Xmas edition pinecone shape Foie Gras pastry
(I love how french people incorporate foie gras in everything!), on right is Salmon with pouched egg!!

This is the restaurant we went on Xmas eve. My former boss loves to take their VIPs here for fancy meal! I will
reveal the name of this restaurant on my next blog as I do have a lot of interesting pictures taken in this place to share with you all. I ordered Foie Gras pate with chocolate gelatin and melon as appetizer, and I  it a lot!!

This was on the very last day while we passed by St Germain. GĂ©rard Mulot is one of the oldest bakery/ pastry store in Paris. I was itching for foie gras, and I ordered this as mid afternoon snack! It was good, but it was extremely fatty!  

So the answer to that question is....... Foie Gras : )

I am almost done settling down in my first home *yay*, so see you all in 3 days! 
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! 


Comments

Popular Posts