Inside Tips About Paris #My2ndDestinationInEurope

My lovely grandma
This post is dedicated to my lovely grandmother who recently passed away at the age of 96. She was a lovable grandma, funny and smart even when she was over 90 years old. I used to sleep over from time to time when I was really close with my grandma. I still remember about 6 years ago when I complimented her hair, which was still 90% black while most grannies's are all grey by 80. She got mad as she envied how great it looks for other grannies to have all grey hair, and she would very much prefer it rather than her black hair. She got me laughing so hard. I really regret not getting to spend time with her in the past 5 years, and I wish I had taken a lot of photos with her. Grandma, I know you know that we were next to your bed everyday, and I meant every word I said to you. You will always be in my heart. We love you, and we will always miss you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Last week, I briefly introduced the first of my four destinations - London. This week, I am going to talk about my second stop, aka my favourite city at all time - Paris  

I am sure you all have seen enough photos of the popular attractions in Paris. As many have asked me for recommendations in Paris, this week's blog will include some recommendations from my favourite list as promised in my previous post.



Let's begin with my favourite monument in Paris:

Not the Louvre! bien sûr

...so let's get the Louvre out of the way.
Photo: Edge of Tomorrow

Here we go. Notre Dame is by itself a beautiful cathedral that lies in the centre of Paris. But what I find even more special
is what lies 46 metres above the ground! Let's take a look...

Entering from the side entrance, there is a remarkable spiral staircase (left) leading to the first floor, where you can purchase
 a ticket to ascend to the top of the tower. Spiral staircase sounds familiar? That's because there is also one inside the
Arc De Triomphe (right).

Heading up the stairs, there are windows that provide for a sneak preview of the magnificent view ahead.

As you arrived to the next level, 46 metres above the ground.... Volia.
Say hello to Stryga.

On a side note: An ad found in the Paris metro station.
Parc Zoologique de Paris's sense of humor has gotten
my attention: Replacing the famous Stryga with monkeys.
That's a good one! lol

This is the reason Notre Dame has always been on top of my list. 

Climbing higher up, you will reach the top of the south tower. Right in front of you is an unique and expansive 360° view from the centre of Paris! 400 steps without an elevator wasn't so difficult to accomplish after all. (although I got passed by a few grannies, haha )

Moving on to one of my favourite cafe, Cafe Hugo, is the place where I'd go on a sunny afternoon.
This cafe is located in arr 4 and next to the home where Victor Hugo once lived. I ordered a
hot chocolate and a foie gras pate as my mid-day snacks.  Yummmmmm

Next to the cafe is one of the most beautiful square in Paris -
Place des Vosges...

...it is surrounded by interesting art galleries. The best part is that you won't see a lot of tourists in the area as it remains
relatively hidden in Maris. A perfect place for a perfect sunny afternoon in Paris 

On my way to my next destination, I passed by a flower shop with this beautiful rainbow color arrangement. Spring is finally
 in Paris : )

Even plants outside the apartment windows are growing out of control!

Next stop is my favourite pastry store. Do I really have to mention the store by name at this point???

I love everything from Pierre Hermé. From their macarons to pastries, down to their chocolates. Here is their Spring
collection of mango pastries. The mango cheesecake (second from right) is a must have! 

Need to do grocery shopping in Paris? Pas de problème! Here I am in La Grand Épicerie de Paris located in Le Bon MarchĂ©. This two floor gourmet supermarket is my paradise when it comes to food shopping! You will find everything from fresh meats and fishes, to assortment of wine and gourmet cheeses, and even home cleaning products. There is also a bar for a quick bite too if you get hungry!

Before heading to dinner, why not take a stroll by the Seine river and catch a beautiful sunset?
 Life is beautiful, isn't it!

Moving on to dinner... Un dimanche Ă  Paris is a restaurant that chocolate lovers simply cannot miss. This restaurant takes the experience of enjoying chocolate and fine dining to a whole new level. Chocolate has been integrated to most of their dishes. From left: foie gras with chocolate (starter), fish paired with white chocolate sauce (main course) and classic chocolate mousse (dessert).

See that dark layers in the middle of the foie gras? that's chocolate! Yummm
There is also a cooking school on the second floor of the building if you are interested.

After a wonderful meal, I love to walk off the calories along the river before heading back to the hotel. What a lovely soiree!

Et finalement, the lovely view outside my hotel. Good night everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts